You may love the warmer weather but sometimes you just want to keep cool. There are many ways to cut back on air conditioning costs and energy use this summer. To start, turn off your air conditioner and use ceiling or standing fans instead. After leaving the room, the trick is remembering to turn off the fans and keeping the AC off too! Here’s our top 5 eco tips for a cool house this summer:
- If you need to use your air conditioner, don’t forget to clean the air filters!
- Plant trees that will provide shade around the house.
- Close the window and door shades during the time sunlight shines through directly.
- Check doors and windows for drafts and fix accordingly.
- Wait until the end of the day for chores that generate heat, such as the dishwasher.
As you can see, it’s easy to start with these 5 eco tips. You can visit www.care2.com for more ways to keep your home cool all summer long. Engaging in a few basic eco-friendly principals will make a huge difference in the long run, for you and the earth.
Reduce, reuse and recycle!