This is what we call spring in a jar. Mason jars have a long history and we can see why they are having a comeback. They’ve always had the ability for multiple uses and can add a certain charm to any room. Back in the day, mason jars began as a common canning jar used to store and preserve food. Over the years, the design was continually improved upon and by the mid-1900′s, glass mason jars started taking over our kitchens. Nowadays, we use them for endless DIY recycled ideas for storage, lanterns, drinking and even snow globes! You could probably find most, if not all, of these materials somewhere in your home:
- Clean glass jar
- Burlap, or fabric of your choice
- Measure and cut the burlap to fit around the jar.
- Add a small amount of glue to attach the burlap to your jar.
- Keep your burlap in place by tying a ribbon around it. If it seems to slip, you can dab a small amount of non-toxic glue that will adhere to the glass.
- Fill your jar up with water and your favorite flowers.
- Enjoy your masterpiece!
No matter what type of plant, mason jars seem to be the perfect fit for any one of your green friends. Depending on the type of plant, the jars can be filled with anything- soil, rocks, water, etc. Take your pick!
Beach in a jar!
Oh! And don’t forget about Daylight Saving tomorrow!